Stanley House Hotel
The grade II listed Stanley House Hotel, situated in the Ribble Valley, Lancashire, is one of the North West’s premier hotel, spa and conference facilities.
In March 2011, the hotel began work on the construction of 18 new bedrooms and a luxury spa. HAF International were chosen to carefully specify modern ironmongery to complement the beautifully designed interior, the finished results being a fine representation of the work carried out by the HAF team.
Working with the interior designer and the clients own architectural consultant we have fulfilled the brief to provide an aesthetically pleasing, functional and coordinated ironmongery specification.
Description of the Ironmongery Specification
- The specification called for polished stainless steel HAF ‘Wing’ levers with pull handles to match on cross corridor doors, with feature pull handles to the main area’s of the hotel.
- For the feature pull handles we proposed the ‘Pod’ design from Philip Watts Designs, the client wanted an organic design and we felt this unique design best complimented the proposed interiors.
- For the cross corridors we modified our existing ‘Flare’ handle with a milled scallop to tie in with the Wing design.
- Riser doors on the corridors needed to be as discreet as possible, so we utilised SOSS concealed hinges with a captive key budget lock to avoid having any surface fixed ironmongery.
- Reception to room corridors required access control to stop non residents gaining access, this again needed to be discreet so we specified Shearlocks and Solenoid bolts with accessories.
- As well as conventional timber doors there were a number of frameless glass doors to which we supplied a floorspring with top & bottom patch fittings and ‘Pod’ handle.
- Cross corridor doors required electro-magnetic hold-open closers as wall/floor mounted door closers weren’t an option due to the aesthetics.
Conformity with Building & Regulations
To comply with the requirements of Building Regulations Part B Volume 2 – ‘Buildings Other Than Dwelling Houses’, we supplied architectural door ironmongery which where applicable bears CE marking in accordance with The Construction Products Directive.
Architect: Trevillion Interiors
Given the bespoke nature of these products, each piece is genuinely unique and therefore quality checked at the end of the process to ensure its smoothness of movement and accuracy of detail and finish. Only when we are satisfied will they be released for issue to site.
As part of the bespoke service we offer, we are happy to produce high quality rendered drawings and have onsite capabilities to produce 3D rapid prototypes to ensure products meet exacting standards.
We have included a number of our bespoke products that have been produced for a variety of projects including those in the residential, governmental and historical building sectors. Please click here to view these bespoke examples.